Multae Sententiae is Latin for "many thoughts". Free thinking leads to Enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to happiness...

The-Brights.net

Sunday, December 02, 2007 CE

Monitoring Peak Oil Number 7


World Total Liquids Production -October 2007: 86.43 millions of barrels per day (mbpd).


This is the record production so far. The only way we can say we are not at peak is if we see a continuous production increase in the following months and years. It is important to realize that the most important issue is the supply and demand relationship. If demands keeps rising faster than supply it would not matter if we are at peak or not, the prices of oil will continue to rise.


The other issue that I want to bring to the attention of my readers is that the crude and condensate (C&C) production peak occured in May 2005 and there are no signs that the record will be broken. So, what is the difference between C&C and total liquids? Total liquids include the following: Natural gas plant liquids (NGPL), ethanol, biomass to liquids (BTL), coal to liquids (CTL), gas to liquids (GTL) and processing gains. The increase in the non C&C liquid production has avoided a total peak so far.


Still the relationship between supply and demand does not look good for the 4th quarter of 2007 and the 1st quarter of 2008.


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marco,

I agree with your observations.

Which means, despite the whining and complaining we have not reached a high enough price to get consumers in the USA to change their behaviour... but we will!

Q

8:51 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Q

I agree, there is a price that will result in decreased consumption, we just do not know what that value is.

I still owe you the hyperinflation experience...

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marco,

You don't owe it to me. I would be interested in seeing it.

It is hard to imagine such a daily life.

I assume you are at least as busy as me and I only have a few personal hours per week.

I saw a book last week titled something like "700 Doomsday Predictions That Never Happened" and thought of my father-in-law and you.

Always be positive. It is one of the few things we can control in our lives!!!

Q

10:15 AM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Q:

In my daily life I look like a positive, optimistic person. I am just an obsessive planner.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page tracking
Dell Laptops Computers
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search