Multae Sententiae is Latin for "many thoughts". Free thinking leads to Enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to happiness...

The-Brights.net

Tuesday, January 04, 2005 CE

Racism against the tsunami victims?



I am using the logo of the Youth against Racism from Germany so I am including a link to them.

This is a comment I wrote in Bouillabaisse, Dianne Maire's blog, I encourage you to read it and to post a comment there because was I saw was really astonishing. The title of the original article is "Racism is a crime and should be punishable by law"

This is my comment:

I always take some time to read Dianne Maire's blog. I am surprised to see such virulent replies that started just from a plea for the tsunami victims. Racism is the result of lack of education. Education is the only tool we have to cover up our selfish nature. It then becomes a paradox for the racist because the ones who claim to be superior are actually the less educated, the ones who are unable to control their instincts, the ones who are more animal-like. So what can be done about it? Wait until humanity mixes all up so that no one can argue that he or she is superior based on skin color? That will probably take too long. What we need to do is convince our governments to inject billions of dollars in education, in showing real values to people so that they can accept differences and cover up our intrinsic selfishness that lead us into egoism and ethnocentrism. If we do not do that now, what is awaiting for us is a mega-fascist state that will be the source of wealth for a few and that will convert those "superior people" into automaton workers for their masters, with no freedom but to do their own job.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to thank you for your comment to the blog and for raising the issue here. I know racism personally but it's been years since I've had to face it as I am now. So much hatred it's hard to comprehend. Since you commented someone who must be a neo-nazi has visited and left a horrendous poem that I want to delete NOW. But, I must wait for my husband to get home to see it. I never imagined what is in the mind of some people.
I support free speech online but after seeing this I no longer know.

Dianne
http://diannemaire.tblog.com/

11:48 AM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Hi Dianne. I read that last thing, please do not call it poem, poets might not forgive you. Probably you should consider leaving it there and educate people on what hatred is.

11:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

succinct and very well put, enjoyed reading your post msdedi http://msdedi.typepad.com/Reflex_photos

4:58 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Gindy:
Thanks for the comments. Nothing is perfect. It is true that French people is well educated, however, there must be some intolerance still towards Jews and other groups, I do not know the numbers. It is something to do research on. With respect to the British and their opinion, I have not seen the numbers but Israel has something to worry about if the country is not considered democratic. They must go deeper into why people who is generally well informed think like that and try to humbly correct mistakes. I remember, when I was a kid I was told from the bible and religion studies that Israel was the chosen people. So nothing bad could come from Israel. On top of that, when I learned about the holocaust the general feeling was of being sorry and again, nothing bad could come from Israel. However, things change. As the news come of abusive retaliatory power and of walls being built I realized that Jews are normal human beings, subject to the same mistakes as all other countries. Things have to be done and everything can always be improved.

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page tracking
Dell Laptops Computers
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search