Multae Sententiae is Latin for "many thoughts". Free thinking leads to Enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to happiness...

The-Brights.net

Wednesday, December 15, 2004 CE

Alexander


I had the chance to see this movie a couple of days ago. I was very surprised at the fact that they showed Alexander's love life as it probably was. In those times, it was common practice to see male to male relationships, what we call now homosexual or gay relationships. I understand that some people might get upset seeing the great conqueror of the world depicted as he really was, a bisexual lover. The fact is that he conquered the world and we are talking about him 2300 years after his death. I would give everything if someone is still talking about me 20 years after my demise. Behavior, social rules, codes of conduct change with time. We have to be flexible to understand that. Our present world is so little compared with the ocean of history and smaller if compare it to the future.



2 Comments:

Blogger trouble said...

Well written post. While I have yet to see the movie I know enough history to accept our "hero's" reflecting the time in which they lived. To often movie makers want to sanitize the truth rather than embracing it.

2:24 AM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

I learn a lot from all of you that comment about the post. Thanks

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page tracking
Dell Laptops Computers
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search