Multae Sententiae is Latin for "many thoughts". Free thinking leads to Enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to happiness...

The-Brights.net

Sunday, December 19, 2004 CE

Censored!


I have recently found out that my blog has been censored in the Islamic Republic of Iran. Or at least it is under observation, "pending for approval". I have a friend who, when she wants to log in, she obtains an old version of the blog, probably stored in the her temporary internet files or cookies. When I gave her a direct link to any of the new postings, she could read them, so I think thre an external source controlling the access to the main page. I might be mistaken, but if I am not, I would like to tell the ayatollahs that they should be concerned about more critical stuff for the development of their nation and that I am very interested in what my fellow friends form Iran think about my postings. So if the access to my site has been restricted, I ask them, please, to remove the restriction.

6 Comments:

Blogger el griu said...

I noticed that the guy in the picture is silenced with an american flag. I assume that's a coincidence since it doesn't seem to fit in this case.
Cool picture though, where did you find it?

1:37 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

To be honest, I did not notice the American flag. So I apologize in advance if someone gets offended. Anyway, its the Iranians who I am complaining about.

To find my pictures I use A9.com, the search engine from Amazon.

2:04 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

I will proceed to modify the picture to avoid further confusion.

Thanks Griu for letting me know

2:07 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

Thanks, Sarah. I will contact my Iranian friend again and try to convice her to check my site again nad to try to correct the possible reasons for this to happen. She believes that the government has something to do with it and she also told me that I have to be careful!! Anyway, I am not that important to be censored

7:20 PM  
Blogger Doctor Marco said...

The desire of people to keep their comfort, being "careful", was certainly one of the causes that helped the Nazis in their rise to power. However, there were other causes like the generalized financial stress product of the Wall Street Crash and the Great Depression, fear of the Communists by the upper classes, a hurted national pride product of the defeat of the First World War...

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Skylight Contractors Bowie said...

This was ggreat to read

7:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page tracking
Dell Laptops Computers
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search