Multae Sententiae is Latin for "many thoughts". Free thinking leads to Enlightenment. Enlightenment leads to happiness...

The-Brights.net

Saturday, December 18, 2004 CE

The marks of the free people


I was talking to someone yesterday and she asked me about how to really be free. As I wrote before in Prisoners, I believe e are not really free, but beings fighting for it, ones more than others. Sometime ago, I read this article in which, among other stuff,the author mentiones what should be the marks of free people. They are the following: Independent thought, rigorous questioning, and rational skepticism. I totally agree that those 3 characteristics will help us differentiate the free person from the prisoner.

If you ask regular people in a survey about their definitions of freedom, you will find weird answers...like the ability to move from one place to the other one without problems...etc

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

web page tracking
Dell Laptops Computers
Content copyright protected by Copyscape website plagiarism search